Learn how Industrial Defender helped an offshore natural gas generation company unify their OT and IT cybersecurity monitoring operation and solve complex multi-national compliance challenges.
A natural gas company that delivers gas from offshore platforms through processing plants to customer distribution points in the Middle East.
Goals & Challenges
- Enable real time awareness of security posture within the customer’s networks and components.
- Deploy compliance and reporting functionality used to answer auditor concerns and comply with national laws.
- Significantly reduce cybersecurity management while increasing security visibility.
- Divide ICS cybersecurity into two geographic locations within the entire gas flow stream, i.e. platform to customer.
- Dramatically improved cybersecurity visibility into the ICS network.
- A single interface to reduce cybersecurity management and automate tasks, including compliance reporting.
- Exceptional reporting capabilities resulted in compliance with international government monitoring regulations where no previous automated mechanism existed.
- Industrial Defender Central Manager (IDCM) and Industrial Defender Collectors were deployed to monitor many assets consisting of switches, firewalls, computers and servers.
- Achieved a complete security picture through active and passive monitoring of events, devices and networks.