NEW MANAGED SECURITY SERVICES FOR AUTOMATION SYSTEMS BOLSTER PROTECTION OF INDUSTRIAL ENDPOINTS
24x7 monitoring and management by Industrial Defender allows critical infrastructure owners and operators to maintain security, retain control over mission critical systems
FOXBOROUGH, Mass., September 27, 2011 - Industrial Defender, the global leader in security and compliance management for automation systems, announced new Managed Security Services for Automation Systems for customers in critical infrastructure sectors, including utilities, chemical, water, oil and gas. Part of the company's Sustainability Services portfolio, the new continuous monitoring and management services lets critical infrastructure operators tap into Industrial Defender's expertise in protecting industrial endpoints.
Automation systems use specific technologies not found in IT environments such as remote terminal units (RTUs), programmable logic controllers (PLCs), intelligent electronic devices (IEDs), and human-machine interfaces (HMIs). Through these innovative managed service offerings, Industrial Defender helps customers protect these critical assets, without having to allocate staffing resources and while maintaining full administrative control of every device.
"The functions of industrial devices are specific and the implications of making changes may be significant," said Brian Ahern, president and CEO of Industrial Defender. "To effectively secure an automation environment requires a deep understanding of how industrial endpoints operate and the role they play in supporting the organization's requirements. These unique services allow subscribers to leverage our expertise which enables customers to ensure their essential resources maintain a focus on driving operational excellence."
Managed Security Services for Monitor, Manage and Protect solutions: Industrial Defender's Managed Security Services for Automation Systems – the first ever managed services of this kind -- provide customers with a turnkey solution, keeping the industrial endpoints secure and running at optimal levels. Industrial Defender's managed security services support customer deployments of its integrated Monitor, Manage and Protect technology solutions.
Services for the Monitor solution: Industrial Defender's integrated Monitor technology solution delivers security event management and automation system agent technology. Through managed services for this solution, Industrial Defender provides:
- Monitoring security, application and system events across industrial endpoints
- Monitoring security events originating via network intrusion detection systems
- Monitoring health and status of industrial endpoints on an ongoing basis
- Identifying, triaging and escalating high priority events to mitigate potential risk
Services for the Manage solution: Industrial Defender's Manage technology solution provides security event management, compliance management and automation system agent technology. Managed services for this solution include all capabilities described under the Monitor solution, plus:
- Comprehensive management of compliance for industrial endpoints
- Monitoring and management of critical system attributes such as configurations, patch status, and user accounts, among others
- Generating compliance reports; delivering reports; managing report subscriptions
- Identification and reporting of configuration deviations from customer baselines, including installed applications, patch levels, ports and services
Services for the Protect solution: Industrial Defender's Protect technology solution delivers host intrusion prevention, and, optionally, unified threat management/firewall, alongside security management and compliance management. Through managed services for this solution, Industrial Defender provides all services described under the Monitor and Manage solutions, and:
- Monitoring events originating from host intrusion prevention system
- Managing changes to the Industrial Defender solution
- Maintaining release level patches of the solution
- Administering user accounts within the solution
- Maintaining the initial whitelist policy, as well as ongoing whitelist policy updates
- Updating endpoint policies associated with whitelisting
- Removing unauthorized applications from whitelisted endpoints
- Ongoing management and tuning of NIDS signatures
Monitor, Manage and Protect Managed Service Overview
Industrial Defender's Managed Security Services for Automation Systems are available immediately.
About Industrial Defender
Industrial Defender is the global leader in security and compliance management for automation systems. Our technology empowers customers to sustain security and compliance, while enhancing operational excellence by protecting against breaches that might threaten availability, performance, health and safety. Industrial Defender's portfolio of defense-in-depth security, sustainable compliance management, and policy and reporting solutions enable customers to monitor, manage and protect their vital assets, while easing the audit process.
For nearly a decade, Industrial Defender has focused exclusively on building solutions for automation environments, delivering low operational impact and tight integration with systems and protocols core to your business. Over 350 companies in 21 countries rely on Industrial Defender technology to help secure their critical infrastructure.
|Industrial Defender, Inc.|